AOMA is holding a food drive to benefit local families in need this Thanksgiving!
All donations will given to the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas. Items will be collected from Nov. 1 - 26, 2013.
Each year, the Capital Area Food Bank provides more than 24 million pounds of food and grocery products to approximately 300,000 people in need. These items serve local non-profit organizations and social service agencies. AOMA's community hopes to make a difference by providing extra goods and meals during the busy Thanksgiving season.
Begining November 1, 2013 - Bring Donations to:
- AOMA Campus - 4701 West Gate Blvd., Austin, TX 78745:
- AOMA Admissions Office (Building C)
- AOMA Herbal Medicine Center (Building B)
- AOMA Student Clinic (Building A)
- AOMA North Clinic - 2700 W. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78757:
- Clinic Reception
The items most in need are:
- Healthy, non-perishable foods
- Canned vegetables & fruits
- Canned meat like tuna, white meat chicken, chili or stews
- Pasta & pasta sauce
- Whole grains (brown rice)
- Canned, low-sodium soups
- Beans (canned or dry)
- Peanut Butter
- Healthy Cereals
- Full meals in a can/box
When selecting items, please choose:
- Items with intact, unopened consumer or commercial packaging
- Food with the expiration date printed on package
- Choose pop-top cans for canned good
- Items with non-breakable packaging (NO GLASS, PLEASE)
Questions may be directed to [email protected]
Throughout the years, AOMA has been engaged in many community collaborations. To learn more about other community collaborations, please visit aoma.edu/community-classes/community-collaborations/.